Mostafa Abdel-Moneim Mohammed El-Taher Mohammed ENT MD
20th September 1979
Lecturer of Otolaryngology, Head &Neck
Surgery, Sohag University, Egypt
Address Department of Otolaryngology, Head &Neck surgery,
Sohag Faculty of Medicine, Sohag, Egypt. 82524
1- M.B.B.Ch.: Faculty of Medicine, South Valley University, Sep. 2002 Grade:
Very good with Honor
2- M.Sc degree (Otolaryngology, Head &Neck surgery), (Titled: Laser
Applications in Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery) Faculty of Medicine, Sohag
University, Sohag, Egypt. Grade: Very good
3- MD Otolaryngology, Head &Neck surgery (MD Thesis titled: evaluation of
endoscopic approaches to the frontal sinus)
House Officer (Rotating internship): at Sohag Faculty of Medicine, South valley
University Hospitals, from March 2003, through Feb 2004).
Resident of Otolaryngology, Head &Neck surgery department, at Sohag Faculty
of Medicine, Sohag university hospital, from March 2004, through February
Demonstrator of Otolaryngology, Head &Neck surgery, at Sohag Faculty of
Medicine, Sohag University, from March 2007, through January 2008.
Assistant lecturer of Otolaryngology, Head &Neck surgery, at Sohag Faculty of
Medicine, Sohag University, from January 2008.
Lecturer of Otolaryngology, Head &Neck surgery, at Sohag Faculty of Medicine,
Sohag University, Since July 2013 till present.
Clinical and research fellow at freeman Hospital, Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
from November 2011 to May 2012
Medical Societies Membership:
Member of the Egyptian Medical Syndicate.
Member of the pan Arab rhinology society.
Rhinology and skull base surgery
– Endoscopic sinus surgery (Including endoscopic frontal sinus surgery)
– Septoplasty and turbinoplasty
– Sphenopalatine artery ligation (For management of refractory epistaxis)
– Endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy
– Endoscopic orbital decompression
– Endoscopic repair of CSF leak and management of meningoceles and meningoencephaoloceles
– Endoscopic resection of nasal and nasopharyngeal tumours
– Mastoidectomy (Cortical, Modified radical and Radical)
– Combined endoscopic and microscopic management of cholesteatoma
– Myringoplasty (Microscopic and endoscopic)
– Myringotomy and ventilation tube application
– Lymph node biobsy
– Submandibular sialoadenectomy
– Thyroglossal duct cyst excision
– Laryngoscopy (Diagnostic and theuraputic: laryngeal masses, polyps and
– Hypopharyngoscopy and esophagoscopy (Diagnostic and theuraputic)
– Snoring and sleep apnea surgery
– Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
– Management of pediatric airway
– Endoscopic management of congenital choanal atresia
Supervisor in training house officers in the Otolaryngology, Head &Neck surgery
Department 2004 – 2007
Teaching practical courses to undergraduate medical students since 2008.
Lecturing ENT to undergraduate medical students since 2013
Scientific Activities and Training Coarses
Training at maxillocraniofacial department, Alexandria Faculty of dentistry,
Alexandria University from 1/3/2008 to 31/3/2008.
26th basic workshop of endoscopic sinus surgery “presented by Cairo University,
Hand on Workshop in Temporal bone dissection- Ain-shams University- Egypt
Clinical and research fellow at ENT department , Freeman Hospital, Newcastle
Upon Tyne , England from Nov. 2011 to May 2012
Acclarent EVOLVE Professional Educational Program (EVOLVE Course held in
the Surgical Training Center, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle, UK on 17December
2011)The Program included:
Balloon Sinuplasty Product Range
Relieva STRATUS MicroFlow Spacer
Cadaveric Model work with acclarent Devices
11th Newcastle Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Dissection CoarseNewcastle Surgical Training Center, Freeman Hospital, 28th-30th March
Hands on dissection coarse of advanced endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery,
Cairo university, Cairo 2013
Hands on temporal bone dissection coarse- Ain Shams University, Cairo, May
Hands on Rhinoplasty dissection coarse- Ain Shams University, Cairo, Jan 2016
Hands on sleep surgery coarse, Alexandria University, 2016
ICDL (International computer driving license) certificate.
IELTs Test (Score: Total 7- Each 7).